Universal MCC Bucket Extractor Remote Racking System
The RRS-2 BE is CBS ArcSafe’s specially designed counterpart to the industry-leading RRS-2 universal remote racking system for extraction-style breakers. The RRS-2 BE is designed specifically for Motor Control Center (MCC) bucket removal applications where users would normally be required to perform the install or remove operation manually.
Setup and operation of the RRS-2 BE is very similar to that of the standard RRS-2; users who are familiar with RRS-2 operation can transition between operation of the two easily with no additional training required.
- Remote operation places operator outside the arc-flash protection boundary
- Compatible with low- and medium-voltage circuit breakers produced by all major switchgear manufacturers
- Use with lever-style breakers
- Easily adjustable height and angle of tooling
- Quick-connect and -release drive actuators simplify setup
- Over-racking protection is provided
- Uninterruptible power supply
- Hand-truck design provides easy mobility
- Aids compliance with NFPA 70E relative to protecting personnel by using external circuit breaker rack-out devices
In order to meet the design requirements for the RRS-2 BE, CBS ArcSafe has had to make major alterations to the standard RRS-2 unit in order to satisfy the application requirements for the wide variety of MCCs in use today.
When compared to the standard RRS-2, the RRS-2 BE sports the following changes:
- The control cabinet that houses all of the electronics vital for operation has been integrated into a separate rugged case for simple transportation and storage.
- The large linear actuator has been replaced with a compact, adjustable travel linear actuator more suited to the forces required for MCC buckets instead of large breakers.
- The steel frame of the RRS-2 has been modified to accept the specialized tooling required for MCC bucket install and remove applications.
- The RRS-2 unit has been broken down into modular systems on the RRS-2 BE to reduce the overall size and weight.
Although the RRS-2 BE exhibits many differences from the RRS-2, it also includes many of the standard features found on the RRS-2. Like the RRS-2, the RRS-2 BE sports a dual-channel enabled operation that allows users to carefully control the MCC bucket install and remove operations. The RRS-2 BE also utilizes an intelligent AC/DC power system, allowing the unit to run on battery or AC power. In addition to these standard features, the RRS-2 BE also includes several standard features that the RRS-2 does not. For instance, RRS-2 BE comes standard with a two-station high-reach vertical adjustment capable of reaching MCC buckets up to 80-in. high. Also included is a wireless remote control that allows users to operate the unit from up to 300 feet away.
The RRS-2 BE is ideal for applications where users would normally be required to install or remove MCC buckets manually, exposing them to the potential hazards of an arc flash and its lethal consequences. The modular design breakdown allows the user to transport the unit individually into hard-to-access areas while not lifting over 50 lbs in the process. Designed to be extremely versatile, the RRS-2 BE is suited for use for all environments, from grueling applications in a power generation facility to clean rooms at a high-tech manufacturing plant. The RRS-2 BE sets the new standard in lightweight and portable universal remote racking systems, schedule a demonstration and see for yourself.
RSO-II for the RRS-2 BE
The RSO-II for the RRS-2 BE is a tightly integrated control cabinet inside of a Pelican case. This allows the RRS-2 BE all of the controls that the RRS-2 control cabinet offers minus the peripheral extensions. The RSO-II has the same batteries and charging system as the RRS-2 so that the RRS-2 BE may be used. The RRS-2 BE has the same battery life as the RRS-2 and utilizes custom actuators designed for MCC buckets.